[CentOS] link to "commercial support" page isn't really helpful

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Jun 21 23:54:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, Spiro Harvey wrote:

> >   from a promotional standpoint, i would avoid getting into that
> > centos is a volunteer effort, and i would *seriously* avoid using
> > the word "difficulty."  all i was suggesting earlier is that there
> > are a
>
> What? You'd prefer we lie to people?

  ok, this is getting frustrating.  no, you don't lie about that.  *of
course* you have to describe centos as a volunteer project.  but that
bit of information is *not* *relevant* on the alleged *support* page,
unless it directly affects how you're describing how to get support.
otherwise, since you've already described the volunteer aspect of
centos on something like a "what is centos?" page, there is no need to
repeat it elsewhere.

  here, let me make a suggestion.  get someone with a marketing
background to peruse centos.org.  ask for their honest opinion.  and
take it from there.

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday