[CentOS] link to "commercial support" page isn't really helpful

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Jun 22 04:11:17 UTC 2009

> "Neil Aggarwal" <neil at JAMMConsulting.com> wrote:
> > Along these lines, I would like the support area to have a
> > consultants directory.  That will give consulting companies
> > (Like mine) a place to list themselves as providing CentOS
> > support.
>
> This can be a very fine line to walk.
>
> A list of consultants can easily be misinterpreted as endorsement. If a
> bad consultant rips someone off or does bad work, this can reflect on
> the people hosting the list... and if that's the people who release the
> product, this can get even worse.
>
> It's my belief that this list needs to be done by a 3rd party.

Yes. And the CentOS site can include Links to the various third party
directories, with a disclaimer that the 'CentOS organization' does not
specificly endorse, etc. either the third party listing/directory nor
the people listed on these sites -- the standard legal mumbo jumbo.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933