[CentOS] gtk+-2 and centos 5

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 06:11:26 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 01:44, Frank Cox<theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:
> [frankcox at jeff ~]$ pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0
> Package cairo was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `cairo.pc'

>From previous posts, you seem to have a x86_64 machine and in some
cases you have both i386 and x86_64 versions of the same package
installed... I believe your problem might be there.

Before you showed the output of "rpm -q gtk2-devel" and it showed it
twice, which indicates you have both i386 and x86_64 versions
installed, I believe you should have the x86_64 version only. Try to
uninstall the 32-bit version with the "yum erase gtk2-devel.i386"
command.

Also, check that the version of "pkgconfig" and "cairo-devel" you have
installed are the x86_64 versions. You can do that with this command
(and expected output):

$ rpm -q --qf '%{name}-%{version}-%{release}.%{arch}\n' pkgconfig cairo-devel
pkgconfig-0.21-2.el5.x86_64
cairo-devel-1.2.4-5.el5.x86_64

That might shed some more light on that issue. Once you get
"pkg-config" to work again, try to rerun your ./configure and see if
it works now as you expect.

BTW, what exactly are you building? Did you try to see if someone
managed to package it as an RPM before? That might help...

HTH,
Filipe