[CentOS] link to "commercial support" page isn't really helpful

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Mon Jun 22 07:58:57 UTC 2009

Behalf
>Of Spiro Harvey
>Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 1:49 AM
>To: centos at centos.org
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] link to "commercial support" page isn't really
helpful

>>   [...] and i would *seriously* avoid using the
>> word "difficulty." [...]

"Commercial support is currently unavailable, although this is being
investigated by the community. The difficulty is that CentOS is a
volunteer run effort."

Don't overreact Spiro. I really like your blurb, but the difficulty sentence
has a negative ring. Please rephrase that single line and you get a
gold-star. ;-)

I see Day's point, this is really a "soft value", the touchy feely stuff,
nothing technical, and it's not about lying either, it just sounds negative,
that's all.

And yeah, I've been down this road writing resumes and stuff for friend,
myself and wife. Wording is important, some words are negatively resp
positively charged. 8-)
--
/Sorin