[CentOS] startx problem

fabian

fabian at baladia.gov.kw
Mon Jun 22 10:31:30 UTC 2009

Dear All,

I have recently upgraded mu centos 5 final to centos 5.3 using yum update
i have the following setup which was running on centos 5

old server is

centos os 5 now centos 3 with all the utilitlies
Mailscanner 4.6
clam av 0.92 + spam assassin 3.1
mailwatch 1.04

after running yum server upgraded to centos 5.3 and download and installed
latest mail scanner and clamav+ spam assassin

centos 5.3
mailscanner 4.77
latest clamav+SA jules package

now i see that system works fine
but when i try run startx after loggin in

the display jus hangs n system freezes only i can hard reset it

i tried to see the /var/logs/Xorg.0.log but no much information

when i run system config display my display card is detected n it works fine

apprecite if someone can advice n help

regards

fabian

believed to be clean.