[CentOS] Need to rebuild installation CD

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Mon Jun 22 11:51:54 UTC 2009

|-----Original Message-----

[CW] Thanks for the tip. As I said, I have no control over its existence. :(

Back to my issue please :)

I have built my CD but still have an issue.
The CD does not boot with CD-Rom support. ergo my it8213 driver does not load. I have to choose cancel when prompted for the location of my kickstart file, and select cdrom from the install source menu, and then choose select driver, it loads and it works. But the problem is how to get the driver to load via rc.local (there isn't one in diskboot.img) or Grub.

Remember I have a kickstart file which I need to run. But you can only select the CD-Rom driver after you choose the kickstart file location. Which forces you to say cancel at the ks prompt and load the driver...

It looks more like I have to compile vmlinuz and initrd.img for the CD! {wonder where to start for that?}

Pinnacle Technology Holdings E-Mail Disclaimer:

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Pinnacle Technology Holdings any of it's divisions or affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of it is strictly prohibited.