[CentOS] link to "commercial support" page isn't really helpful

Kwan Lowe kwan.lowe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 16:59:44 UTC 2009

I agree almost completely with your points...

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Bill Campbell<centos at celestial.com> wrote:
> I would guess that listing commercial providers on the CentOS site could
> expose them to legal liabilities given the litigious nature of the U.S. so
> don't know if this is a consideration.
>
> I can't speak for others, but I would guess that there are quite a few
> people/organizations on this list who provide commercial support for CentOS
> and other *nix distributions without being listed on CentOS's site or
> other sites.

Very true...plus I'm more inclined to choose a vendor if they have
demonstrated competence on the lists. I think that is the best
advertisement: vendors who answer questions will increase my
confidence in their skillsets. Plus I rarely read anything on the
website except the list archives.