[CentOS] good small registrar?

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Wed Jun 24 00:34:55 UTC 2009

Eugene Vilensky wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> What are some  registrars that members of this list have had good experience
> with?  I was stepping through the godaddy checkout process, and being
> opted-in to a dozen different upsell features just left a bad impression.
> But I have no clue who else to go with.

I've been using register.com for about 9-10 years now, no
complaints. Recently renewed my domains until ~2017 so
no worries for a while I hope. I haven't bought a new
domain in about 7 years.

Originally transferred off of network solutions because their
management interface was pretty cumbersome at the time, I
recall having to download forms from their ftp site, and
mail them to special addresses and stuff for their systems to
parse it, and often times had problems. Foggy memory though.

Haven't seen a reason to switch to anything else, it seems a lot
of those cheap-o registrars seem to be pretty shady.

nate