[CentOS] good small registrar?

Wed Jun 24 01:45:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Eugene Vilensky <evilensky at gmail.com>wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> What are some  registrars that members of this list have had good
> experience with?  I was stepping through the godaddy checkout process, and
> being opted-in to a dozen different upsell features just left a bad
> impression.  But I have no clue who else to go with.

This morning, I registered a new .COM domain with name.com   They provide
(if you check the check box) Private Whois service, for as long as you have
the domain with them, free. GoDaddy charges $8.99 per year for Private Whois
service. The name.com web site is very easy to navigate. I also have 2
domains registered with GoDaddy (and have had for years) and their web site
is tough to navigate. On webhostingtalk.com in the Domain Name (?) forum,
name.com seems to be well thought of.