[CentOS] Minor dovecot/KMail problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 24 07:25:29 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 24 June 2009 01:41:07 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> I know what distribution packagers do, I am a Fedora KDE packager. And we
> ask users to report their bugs upstream unless there is evidence that
> they're specific to Fedora. The vast majority of bugs which are reported to
> us are NOT specific to Fedora, they're upstream bugs. Also note that we
> don't even have that many patches, we try to stay as close to upstream as
> possible.

This is contrary to what I've been told.

I always recommend trying to ascertain whether other distros also see the
problem, and to report it upstream if that seems to be so.  If it is not
possible to ascertain that I was told that it should in the first instance be
reported to the distro, who will then pass it upstream if relevant.

Has there been a recent change of policy?

Anne