[CentOS] Web photo gallery options

Sorin Srbu

sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Wed Jun 24 08:57:14 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm looking for a web photo gallery for my personal web server at home. Till
now I've done the galleries manually from Adobe Photoshop Elements, but I
feel that is a dead end, kinda', besides the fact that the galleries created
are rather static. I'd like an easier way to do this, eg uploading images in
folders directly to the gallery and it will take care of what needs to be
done automagically, like resizing etc.

So far I've come across a project called Gallery2, that seems to do what I
want. Downside is that no rpm-packages are available with yum with this one.

What web photo gallery software do you guys use?

My requirements are only that the software should be simple to install,
maintain and add more photos. I'm not a pro (a newbie more like it...) when
it comes to mysql and php, so this needs to be easy to do as well, from the
gallery standpoint.

Thanks.
--
BW,
	Sorin
# Sorin Srbu			[Sysadmin, Systems Engineer]
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,	Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >3 signals> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,	Mobile: +46 (0)701-718023
# Box 574, Uppsala University,	Fax: +46 (0)18-4714482
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden	Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#			Web: http://www.orgfarm.uu.se
# ()  ASCII ribbon campaign - Against html E-mail
# /\
#
# MotD follows:
# "I did the thing that I do when I want to do the thing, and then it like
did something and it won't do the thing! Yeah, there was like an error
message, but I didn't read it..." -"User"