[CentOS] rpm -qa not displaying sources

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:30:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Chadley Wilson<chadley at pinteq.co.za> wrote:

> I installed my kernel source using rpm -ivh kernel-`uname -r`.el5.src.rpm
>
> it installs perfectly, without error, but if I cd to the /usr/src/redhat
> folder, all I get is SOURCES and SPECS...
>
> rpm -qa | grep kernel
>
> doesn't return the kernel source rpm I installed only the kernel, devel and
> headers.  And I can't find the actual kernel source folder....

For what reason do you need to the kernel sources ? If you check the
CentOS wiki (http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/I_need_the_Kernel_Source)
you can found out what you actually need to install.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)