[CentOS] Web photo gallery options

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 21:59:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 9:09 AM, nate <centos at linuxpowered.net> wrote:

> Sorin Srbu wrote:
>
> > My requirements are only that the software should be simple to install,
> > maintain and add more photos. I'm not a pro (a newbie more like it...) when
> > it comes to mysql and php, so this needs to be easy to do as well, from the
> > gallery standpoint.
>
> I like gallery v1 myself and have used it for years. I tried gallery
> v2 but it was too complicated to use(and hated the themes it came with
> I just wanted something plain), I just wanted something
> simple. It doesn't use a (SQL) DB, it does do auto resizing of
> pictures when you upload them.

Does anyone know of something REALLY simple?  As in, using nothing but
a directory hierarchy, CSS, and possibly some Javascript?

I don't want a web-browser upload interface, I don't want server-side
image resizing or rotating, and I don't want to care what server-side
software is available (particularly not a database).  I just want to
drop some images on dumb web host and be able to look at them without
having to explicitly follow a separate URL for every image -- or drop
a couple of extra files in a directory full of images on my disk and
hit a file:// URL to see them all.