[CentOS] Web photo gallery options

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 22:12:41 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 14:59 -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:

> Does anyone know of something REALLY simple?  As in, using nothing but
> a directory hierarchy, CSS, and possibly some Javascript?
>
> I don't want a web-browser upload interface, I don't want server-side
> image resizing or rotating, and I don't want to care what server-side
> software is available (particularly not a database).  I just want to
> drop some images on dumb web host and be able to look at them without
> having to explicitly follow a separate URL for every image -- or drop
> a couple of extra files in a directory full of images on my disk and
> hit a file:// URL to see them all.
---
I have a DLL that runs under .Net V2 that does just that. One catch you
need .Net Version 2 and IIS. Hit the *.aspx page and you get nothing but
thumbnails. Click the thumbnail you get the full image. Requires nothing
but a flat file system. No database.

Downfall: It does not like Apache or the Mono Framework. But I suspect
you want something else?

John