[CentOS] [Ocfs2-users] Unexplained reboots in DRBD82 + OCFS2 setup

Kris Buytaert mlkb at inuits.be
Thu Jun 25 09:44:33 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 12:02 -0700, Sunil Mushran wrote:
> Do you have a separate network path for drbd traffic? If you do
> not, then you are probably overloading the network. In this case,
> I believe drbd is unable to replicate the ios fast enough and thus
> is blocking the o2cb disk heartbeat. One workaround is to increase
> the O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD to more than the default of 60 secs.
> Refer to the ocfs2 faq or ocfs2 1.4 user's guide for more on this.

I've already modified the O2CB_HEARTBEAT_TRESHOLD to different values
(120, 240 etc), with no changes..

> And if you want to capture the logs, setup netconsole.

/dev/console is a serial device connected to a terminal server,  so far
the best I got was a partial timestamp before I saw the output of the
reboot again ..

It tries to log .. but doesn't finish writing it :(  But mostly there is
no activity at all on the serial console :(

Any other ideas ?

greetings

Kris