[CentOS] CentOS 5.3; x11 lost keyboard

George R Goffe

grgoffe at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 00:48:18 UTC 2009

Howdy,

I have an IBM thinkpad with it's "standard" monitor and keyboard. It's been connected to a larger monitor and usb keyboard and usb mouse. The xorg.conf is a dual head config.

This has been working for a few weeks now but has started failing.

During boot and subsequent login the keyboard and mouse (gpm started) and display (larger monitor) work fine. When I startx, the keyboard becomes "dead to the world". NO signals are sent from the keyboard as far as I can tell.

I had just configured VNC server and made it start at boot time when this problem appeared.

I am sadly in need of hints/tips/suggestions as to how to trouble shoot this problem.

Thanks,

George...

"It's not what you know that hurts you, It's what you know that ain't so." Wil Rogers