[CentOS] Web photo gallery options [Solved]

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Fri Jun 26 07:27:27 UTC 2009

Behalf
>Of Les Mikesell
>Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 5:55 PM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] Web photo gallery options
>
>> Seems like I also did not mention it must be free, as in not costing
>> anything. 8-)
>>
>> Though I dream of a six-disk NAS filled with 1TB-drives... 8-/
>
>The point of these devices is that the cost ends up being negative
>compared to running stuff on a full-featured computer powered up all the
>time.  Plus, they integrate the media server, so upnp/DLNA clients like
>the PS3/Xbox360 and an increasing number of network-connected TV's can
>view the same pictures with their built in protocol without yet another
>setup.

That might be interesting if you have all that flashy TV:s and stuff. My
computer-based PVR, running WinXP works fine, as does my Xboxes.

Anyway, I installed Gallery2 yesterday evening and finished up way late. It
works sort of. I feel I need to read up on security best-practices with
regard to mysql and also how to deny folder listings. As it is now I think
mysql is seriously insecure for world access, and the folder listing shows
the gallery2 contents to the world. I'll look into it this weekend.

Thanks all who suggested and hinted me!
--
/Sorin