[CentOS] Securing SQUID

Mfawa Alfred Onen muffycompoqm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 09:20:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Wahyu Darmawan
<wahyu.darmawan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi experts,
> I have implemented squid for my school environment. How to testing it
> for the security? ingoing and outgoing?
> Thanks before.
>
> Regards,

Hello Wahyu Darmawan,

 What kind of test will you want to carry on with your squid setup? If
you want to test the security from the ACL`s you have setup, you can
just have another computer on a different network other than the one
you allowed. e.g You allowed 192.168.1.0/24 as your internal network,
try and use another computer on say 192.168.4.0/24 network and you can
see how squid blocks access. You can do so many things with squid
which will require a whole lot of writing. Try and answer the
question above and I am sure many people will understand what you are
looking for better.

Regards!