[CentOS] Minor dovecot/KMail problem

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Jun 26 12:42:19 UTC 2009

Rex Dieter wrote:

> The moral of my story is to prevent issues languishing downstream
> indefinitely, to avoid the kind of comment "this bug has been around
> forever, why is it still a problem and not fixed?", which does no one any
> good, esp when upstreams aren't made aware of the issues (which, by all
> accounts so far, seems to be what happened here in this particular
> dovecot/kmail case).

Dear Rex,

You are going to find this difficult to believe,
but I did not actually understand your reference to "upstream"

Your comments always try to be helpful,
but please remember that some of us wallow
in a state of almost complete ignorance.
It is impossible to insult our intelligence,
and the simplest instructions or advice should be couched
in language suitable for a 5-year old.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net