[CentOS] 2TB partition limitation on X86_64 version??

mcclnx mcc

mcclnx at yahoo.com.tw
Fri Jun 26 13:11:32 UTC 2009

we have DELL server with Centos 5.3 X86_64 bits version on it.  This server also have couple MD1000 connect to it.  We configured MD1000 as one hardware Volume size 2990GB.

I tried to use "fdisk" to partition this 2990Gb volume and "fdisk" can only see 2000GB.  does 64 bits O.S. still have 2TB limitation on File system?

Does there has other tool can partition disk size large than 2TB?  (I don't like use LVM)

Thanks.