[CentOS] SOLVED: CentOS 5.3 and NTFS

Alan McKay

alan.mckay at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 01:39:21 UTC 2009

Bingo!

The yum update took care of it.

Oddly enough, until I started my new job 2 months ago I'd always been
in the habit of running 'yum -y update' first thing after installing
Fedora or CentOS.  But the product software we develop does not like
that very much so I got out of the habit very quickly after blowing up
a machine by doing that :-/   Fortunately it was not a production box.

But I do recall actually that I'd done it on my desktop at one point
shortly after starting.

Thanks all!

I'm going to probably re-install my own Vista box here at home with
Centos 5.3 64 bit, so I'll try the other method on it.   Um, maybe
something for a whole new thread, but does CentOS support eSATA?  My
desktop at home here has a port for it, and the USB drive in question
does eSATA as well.  Makes it SOOOO much faster when connected to my
box!