[CentOS] Web photo gallery options

Ray Leventhal centos at swhi.net
Mon Jun 29 14:31:32 UTC 2009

Sorin Srbu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a web photo gallery for my personal web server at home. Till
> now I've done the galleries manually from Adobe Photoshop Elements, but I
> feel that is a dead end, kinda', besides the fact that the galleries created
> are rather static. I'd like an easier way to do this, eg uploading images in
> folders directly to the gallery and it will take care of what needs to be
> done automagically, like resizing etc.
>
> So far I've come across a project called Gallery2, that seems to do what I
> want. Downside is that no rpm-packages are available with yum with this one.
>
> What web photo gallery software do you guys use?
>
> My requirements are only that the software should be simple to install,
> maintain and add more photos. I'm not a pro (a newbie more like it...) when
> it comes to mysql and php, so this needs to be easy to do as well, from the
> gallery standpoint.
>
> Thanks.

Sorry for the late post on this thread, but there's free client called
'Jalbum' [1] that may well do the trick for you.  Many skins, some
simple, some not..an integrated ftp client for uploading to your web
server, and nothing else but your photos needed.  There's also a
pre-built rpm which I've used without issue on CentOS 4.7 and higher
(client machines).  I'm hosting more than a few of these albums on my
CentOS 5.3 server.

Dependencies: JVM

I do hope this helps...the folks at Jalbum are really responsive to
enhancement requests too...

-Ray

[1] http://www.jalbum.net