[CentOS] OT: Linux WYSIWYG HTML Editors

Tue Jun 30 01:22:28 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 4:18 AM, Niki Kovacs<contact at kikinovak.net> wrote:
> Lanny Marcus a écrit :
>> Wondering if there is anything else I can use on Linux that
>> is easier on a FrontPage user.
>> Recommendations?
>
> People often think this is a joke, but by far the easiest way to build a
> website is:
>
> a) learn proper XHTML and CSS. There's tutorials galore on the internet.
> I preferred a (paper) book. Choose yours.
>
> b) use your favourite text editor. I like Vim, since it's light and has
> syntax highlighting. Here's Vim in action on a web page:
>
> http://www.kikinovak.net/images/vim.png
>
> And here's the resulting page:
>
> http://www.microlinux.fr/documentation.html
>
> If you really don't want to use Vim, I'd recommend Bluefish.

Probably I am going to use KompoZer, for the near future. Once  I
learn how to do the images, links, etc., that I am used to FrontPage
doing for me, in HTML, Bluefish looks like the way to go. I have
Bluefish installed on my desktop, and in the GNOME menu, it is in the
"Programming" area, rather than "Internet", where KompoZer is.
Bluefish is  a very powerful application.