[CentOS] Dag's comment at linuxtag

Andrew Colin Kissa andrew at topdog.za.net
Tue Jun 30 08:24:41 UTC 2009

On 30 Jun 2009, at 9:46 AM, Geoff Galitz wrote:

>> The aim was to create platform, not
>> strictly focused on enterprise. We wanted create something mixed.
>> Something with enterprise, testing, backport levels and efforts. The
>> project has been started but never really haven't happened.
>
> I'll go on the record as being willing to volunteer to help with a
> distribution/version neutral repo. Such a thing would benefit my
> business.
> Is anyone currently leading this project?

I am willing to help too, the problems is the barriers to entry on the
Centos
side seem quite high, there is no published guidelines on how to
contribute.

On the Fedora/EPEL side how ever there are published guidelines and
mechanisms to allow people who want to contribute to get in.

Anyway thats my too cents.