[CentOS] filesize limitation in CentOS or exim?

Helmut Drodofsky

drodofsky at internet-xs.de
Tue Jun 30 11:23:33 UTC 2009

Hallo,

today I had a surprising situation. Exim stopped. It's a German centos 5.3 64 Bit installation so the messages are partial in German.

Then I tried a restart:

[root at centos ~]# service exim restart

exim beenden:                                              [FEHLGESCHLAGEN]

exim starten: /bin/bash: line 1:  6596 Die maximale Dateigröße ist überschritten                 /usr/sbin/exim -bd -q30m

                                                           [FEHLGESCHLAGEN]

Reducing the size of /var/log/exim/main.log has solved the Problem.

I presume it is a message of CentOS, not from exim. Is this correct?

I think, max filesize in CentOS is 2 TB? See http://www.centos.org/product.html in "Filesystem".

Where can I change it?

Best regards

Helmut