[CentOS] logical volume over NFS permissions problem

Tomas Ruprich ruprich at uikt.mendelu.cz
Tue Jun 30 12:00:17 UTC 2009

Hi, it is exactly as you're writing, thanks for help.

I've been trying to solve it with NFSv4 for a short while, but it
behaved the same way. So at last, i configured autofs, which is
mounting all the logical volume mountpoints itself.

Just for the others, here's the way i configured autofs:
[root at client]# echo "/net /etc/auto.escience" > /etc/auto.master
[root at client]# echo "* -rw,intr,soft,timeo=300,tcp,rsize=32768,wsize=32768 nfs_server:/export/escience/&" > /etc/auto.escience
[root at client]# service autofs restart

[root at client]# touch /net/<name_of_the_share>

Thanks again Filipe.

Tomas