[CentOS] Dag's comment at linuxtag

R P Herrold herrold at centos.org
Tue Jun 30 15:14:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Ned Slider wrote:

> Rather than dumping *even more work* on the core CentOS project (who are
> already clearly struggling to provide even the core distro
> at present), ...

It may be clear to Ned, but is not the case.

I wish people not in the know would not purport to
characterize CentOS internals, but speculation is a human
trait, I guess

I would note that from the earliest days of RPMForge, Dag
offered, and indeed granted comit rights to me, which I have
not used.  I find it easier to use the bug tracker, and to
send emails to him ... lazy of me, I know, but again human
nature in play

Additionally I regularly pull, fork, and fix 'broken' RF
packages [for self, or in consulting engagements], and drop
the SRPM's in my personal archive to satisfy GPL source
availability obligations.  I've seem parts of my packagings
end up elsewhere which is fine

- Russ herrold
 	herrold @ centos dot org