[CentOS] Dag's comment at linuxtag

R P Herrold herrold at centos.org
Tue Jun 30 15:26:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Radu-Cristian FOTESCU wrote:

> But I *do* have a problem with RPM Fusion and Karanbir's repo, because
> they keep packages in "testing" even if nothing happens (they could stay
> there until 2014, right?).

oh _+please+_  troll elsewhere .. no-one forces you to use any
third party repository, and you are late to the game.

 	http://www.owlriver.com/projects/packaging/
has not been materially updated for over five years, because
there is no longer any material purpose to it.

EPEL decided [was arm-wrestled to submission by @redhat's ;) ]
to continue down the 'there can be only one' path Warren
announced long ago in 'fedora.us'.  I disagree.  We are both
right, and I address the matter by not using third party
binary archives and building all the time
 	https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-May/msg00156.html

Red Hat as a commercial entity has much to lose from a lawsuit
alleging contributory infringement (patented codec's, etc);
Red Hat owns Fedora, and Red Hat owns EPEL.  End of story as
they have a duty to to be risk adverse to their shareholders

'amicable 'federation' is about all that one can achieve' Not
the end of the world -- not hard -- and I publish the fruit I
grow.

-- Russ herrold