[CentOS] Web photo gallery options

Ray Leventhal centos at swhi.net
Tue Jun 30 15:32:08 UTC 2009

Sorin Srbu wrote:
> [...]
I've been rather happy with Jalbum, mostly because of the wide range of
capabilities.  By default, it creates the album on your system...you can
upload to their servers or your own, at your discretion.  While picassa
is certainly an answer, and one I use on occassion, I'm far happier
using my own server(s) or hosting locally on my workstaion than relying
solely on google's cloud (rock solid though it is...no negative
connotation about google intended).

You also get what you want out of it...if it's a 'hog', consider if
you're linking from thumbs to mid-size display and from *that* to
original hi-res.  That's my basic setup and I haven't had a problem with
resources on my local workstation (1gb ram, 2,4mhz intel, 0.5TB drive,
albums of 5K pictures or more, centos 5.3 32bit) or on my servers.

YMMV,
-R