[CentOS] Web photo gallery options

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Jun 30 17:02:06 UTC 2009

Sorin Srbu wrote:
> Checked the site ou linked too, but I don't get it. Would my pics be hosted
> on my own server or on jalbum.net á la Picasa? I can't tell from the tour on
> the jalbum web site.

you run jalbum on the workstation that you use to process your photos
(could even be a mac or windows desktop, it really doesn't matter), and
it creates all the scaled images and thumbnails and html pages, and
uploads them to your webserver.   the overhead mentioned by others only
happens *once* when you initially process or add to the album.   your
webserver only has to handle plain html, no php or other scripting
languags, no databases.