[CentOS] Dag's comment at linuxtag

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU beranger5ca at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 30 22:43:41 UTC 2009

> I Can not speak for others, but the only time i have
> seen Karanbir be stern with anyone is when they do
> deserve it.

Well, I've read him saying in various ways and on
several occasions something that would equate "RTFM",
only it was put in such an offensive way that even
myself, as an external reader, I felt compassion for
the poor user who was asking an innocent question
just to be slapped over the face.

> I have no idea what your deal is though with going
> after anyone and everybody. Do you just love attacking
> people in gerernal?

Of course. I also like killing kittens and sodomizing kids.

If telling to someone that there are issues with "his" repo
(that was RPMforge and Dag is #1 when comes to RF) is an
attack, then your world and my world are different, and *your*
world is broken. Basically, I have been answered that I cannot
ask for consistency for something that's free unless I help
fixing the issues. Fair enough.

But then, if mentioning that KB's repo for EL5 is still having
*everything* in testing (the repo for EL4 is not in testing,
and it even wasn't in testing a few years ago when I was using it)
is still an attack...

...whereas KB's *offending* and *despising* answer (because *this*
is how he usually replies!) basically says that I am an idiot who
shouldn't use his repo (only that he wasn't using these exact words,
so he's technically "politically correct" in the way he's telling
people that they're morons that should shut the fsck up) is not an
attack, huh?

Well, then raise a statue to the beloved KB, because I'm gonna shut
the fuck up. This is not a community, and I know of several people
who use ScientificLinux not because it's better, but because on their
mailing list, their developers *don't* imply that people are morons
when they spit an answer to the list.

But now, you're right: should I have the chance to meet KB in person,
I'd punch him in the face with an infinite pleasure.

R-C