[CentOS] trying to install 5.2 on a laptop

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Sun Mar 1 17:01:28 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 22:23 -0500, Michael Klinosky wrote:
> I have some Fedora install disks (if they'd be of any help) - but not
> rescue CD. It seems like CentOS doesn't have a rescue CD - would
> Fedora's help?

The CentOS install disk IS the rescue CD - try install CD #1 (or the DVD
install images).  Unfortunately if you only downloaded the netinstall
image you may not have the correct media at hand.

Live CD as suggested elsewhere could also be useful for rescue.  May
also want to try a USB mouse.  The synaptics RPM is available from
RPMforge.  See

http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/

May also want to have a look at

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops

Laptops do tend to be problematic.  Sorry you're having problems, but
welcome to CentOS.

Phil