[CentOS] (a) WinPower RPM available? (b) where to install if use tar.gz file?

Sun Mar 1 22:21:52 UTC 2009

> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Joseph L. Casale
> <JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>>When I try to
>>>start the ups daemon, I get the below error:
>>>
>>>ups failed. The error was: Starting UPS driver controller: [FAILED]
>>>Starting upsd: [FAILED]
>>>Starting UPS monitor (master): [FAILED]
<snip>
> Joe: Thank you for replying again! This is a learning experience for
> me. I just finished getting at the WinPower Linux stuff. Not at all
> what I expected! Everything seems to be JRE.  I didn't see any Linux
> source files, etc., so now I assume that it is not open source and
<snip>

I have the WinPower UPS monitoring SW running OK on Linux. Voltage in
and out is 122 and the maximum load I saw was 47%. I need to do a
simulated power failure, to verify that it will in fact shutdown the
box after 2 minutes!
Still curious about nut and apcupsd and learning how to package.
Thanks to everyone who replied!