[CentOS] (a) WinPower RPM available? (b) where to install if use tar.gz file?

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Mon Mar 2 09:43:19 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 18:41 -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Joseph L. Casale
> <JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
> >>I need to do a
> >>simulated power failure, to verify that it will in fact shutdown the
> >>box after 2 minutes!
> >
> > Plug the PC into a stable power source, let the same PC monitor the UPS.
> > Unplug the UPS and place a load on it, watch what it instructs the PC to
> > do :)
>
> I plugged the UPS into a surge protector and after awhile, I cut the

OOPS!? It used to be that the manual for all the UPSs I've used said to
_not_ plug it into a surge suppressor, IIRC. Has that changed? It had
something to do with the wave form from the suppressor vs. the box's
monitoring circuitry.

I don't think that has anything to do with not shutting down though.

--
Bill