[CentOS] Need Broadcom 4311 firmware for CentOS 5

Olaf Mueller daily-planet at istari.de
Tue Mar 3 18:00:10 UTC 2009

Robert Nichols wrote:

Hello,

> Any hope of getting my laptop's Broadcom BCM94311 wireless running
> on CentOS 5?
I have had that working on CentOS 5.2 on a acer extensa 5220 notebook
with a BCM94311MCG wlan device and the following combination of
software and firmware.
 - bcm43xx-fwcutter-006-3.fc8.i386.rpm
 - wl_apsta-3.130.20.0.o

Also take a look at http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43.

But the maximum connection speed for that setting was 24 Mbit/s with
wpa_supplicant and WPA2. Now I am using a ralink rt61 pcmcia card with
CentOS 5.2 and the original driver from the ralink homepage (54 Mbit/s,
WPA2).

regards
Olaf