[CentOS] Clonezilla SE with CentOS5
thomasj at isy.liu.se
Mon Mar 9 14:42:07 UTC 2009
Sorin Srbu wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm looking for a cloning solution for our Windows/Linux/*nix computer park
> and ran into Clonezilla. Apparantely the DRBL and other documentation
> mentions CentOS as a suitable base for it.
> Does anybody on this list use this solution and can say something about it
> in the running-Clonezilla-with-CentOS-context, be it recommendations,
> gotchas', warnings or whatever?
We have a standalone network cloning laptops using clonezilla. The
person using it says it does what it is supposed to.
The install was pretty much by the instructions on the webpage. The
computer we use have an extra NIC for a private clone network. We also
installed an extra HDD 500GB for clone image storage.
What i did was pretty much;
1. Configure nic on eth1 to 192.168.100.1
2. Add packages dkms dkms-fuse dkms-ntfs3g dkms-ntfs
* /yum install dkms dkms-fuse dkms-ntfs3g dkms-ntfs
3. /Modify ///etc/sysconfig/iptables/ according to Clonezilla server
4. Install Clonezilla following Clonezilla server install
5. Configure the server according to the webpage
More information about the CentOS