[CentOS] Cannot get CentOS to install

Michael Peterson mpeterson at mail.charlesfurniture.com
Wed Mar 11 17:40:28 UTC 2009

Linux Advocate wrote:
>> The hardware is P4 2.8 CPU, 512 MB RAM, 120GB 3ware IDE/PATA RAID HD,
>> ATI Video, CDRW CD, Dual Nic, Floppy and IDE/PATA Tape drive.
>>

> if you could install centos 3 on this hardware, then centos 5.x should work...any error messages from the console?

Yes, there are several error messages when anaconda fails before it says
the system can be restarted.
I will try the acpi suggestion and if that fails I will take down the
anaconda lines from both fails and submit them for review.
On a Core 2 Quad HP server I had to provide many kernel parameters to
get CentOS 5.2 to install but RHEL 5.3 went up without a hitch.
Hopefully CentOS 5.3 once released is close enough to RHEL 5.3 with the
CentOS changes that it will work on newer equipment better also.
I plan to use it as a teaching and production OS at my jobs.