[CentOS] OT: centos.org web site not responding

Tue Mar 17 08:48:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 1:05 AM, JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> > Had a suggestion I try to get  a different IP from our ISP and if my
>> > wife isn't surfing now, I will try that.. Until today, I have only run
>> > into one (1) web site that won't let me on, because my IP is in
>> > Colombia. CentOS possibly has become the 2nd one. I hope not!
>
> One thing you could try is if you have a friend that lives there in
> Columbia is to try and access it from there computer. They just need to
> have the same Internet Service Provider. Another way would be through a
> Proxy Server that is anonymous. But doing another trace to layeredtech
> and ltdomains shows bad hops also from my end just like John Pierces
> shows. But still I can access it by WWW.

John:  Thank you for also confirming there is a network connectivity
problem in or near layered tech in Dallas! Much appreciated!   I will
try to find a free anonymous proxy service that can load the HTML
pages, until they cure this glitch. I do not see on the
layeredtech.com contact page an address for network connectivity
problems. I am going to send an email to support AT layeredtech DOT
com and hopefully that will be Forwarded to a Network Tech there who
can look into what you and John Pierce found.  Lanny