[CentOS] syslog: CPU stuck for 10s!

tblader

tblader at flambeau.com
Tue Mar 17 16:05:17 UTC 2009

Hi All,
I have a Centos 5 box serving NFS3 shares from an LSI megaraid card.
The box has been up and down for about a week and trying to figure
out what's up. Found a syslog message today about "APIC error on CPU"
and after rebooting with NOAPIC, I now get this:

  # cat /var/log/kernel | grep BUG
  Mar 17 09:51:05 ofdmz kernel: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 10s!
  [migration/0:2]
  Mar 17 09:52:21 ofdmz kernel: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 10s!
  [ssh:3491]

Anyone know what this means?  I found a thread* from 2006 on this
list that mentions updating the bios, but thought I would get
a message out early in case this doesn't fix it.

Thanks

[*] - http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2006-June/023933.html