[CentOS] syslog: CPU stuck for 10s!

Agile Aspect agile.aspect at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 22:19:35 UTC 2009

tblader wrote:
> On 03/17/2009 02:38 PM, Martin Suehowicz wrote:
>
>> Try upgrading to the latest kernel.
>>

> Hi,
> I believe I've got the latest already:
>
> uname -a
> Linux ofdmz.localdomain 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5 #1 SMP Tue Dec 16 12:03:43 EST
> 2008 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

My first guess is maybe it's a problem with irqbalance but it wouldn't
explain the crashes.

It's possible you have a misbehaving CPU - maybe one which is getting
hot since it crashing. Bad thermo grease perhaps.

Can you look at the temperatures?

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of
the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers,
both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by
Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test
shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust
under the United States."