[CentOS] Firefox, sound, flash under CentOS 4.7

Stephen Harris

lists at spuddy.org
Fri Mar 20 14:50:06 UTC 2009

If I run firefox then everything is fine... until I hit a page with flash
and sound on it (youtube, some other stuff).  Then it sems to lock the
sound device and no other programs (eg Pidgin) can make sounds.

In previous versions of firefox (firefox 2?  Can't remember) I could
run it under esddsp and then firefox/Flash played nicely with others.
However now firefox just doesn't start up.

FWIW, I don't use Gnome or KDE as a window manager; that _shouldn't_
cause any impact.

Any ideas?

--

rgds