[CentOS] OT: centos.org web site not responding

Fri Mar 20 17:47:24 UTC 2009

On 3/20/09, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:
> Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> Tru: I hope you will reopen the Trouble Ticket with Layered Tech,
>> again! With the  mtr -c 10 -r centos.org command Rainer used from
>> Germany (which I used from here and posted results in previous
>> message) and the traceroute Per did from Sweden, with my extremely
>> limited knowledge, I believe the problem is *not* on the Level3
>> network in Dallas, but in the Layered Tech DC in Dallas. Thank you!
>
> You seem to be the only one having that problem - are you sure that it
> is *not* on your side?

Ralph: A few nights ago, John Pierce found things not working
properly, when he pinged centos.org from one of his servers in San
Jose and another John also saw problems. This morning, Rainer in
Germany found things awry, when he used the "mtr -c 10 -r centos.org"
command and Per did a traceroute from Sweden, that as I recall, died,
within the Layered Tech DC. You are correct in that I am the only one
reporting http problems. The Support Tech in Layered Tech reported
that he thought there is a problem with Level3 in Dallas, but my
impression (and I think that of other people in the list, who are far
more knowledgeable than I am) is that the problem is within the
Layered Tech DC.  Lanny