[CentOS] OT: centos.org web site not responding

Fri Mar 20 22:22:57 UTC 2009

On 3/20/09, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:
> John R. Dennison wrote:
>> > 162.194.232.72.static.reverse.ltdomains.com   0.0%  13.9  13.1  12.6
<snip.
> And all those plus the ones in the mails you and people before you sent do
> reach www.centos.org. What are you trying to prove here? Why is nobody
> talking
> to layered tech directly, if he/she cannot reach www.centos.org?
>
> I really do not understand this thread anymore.

Ralph: Tru opened a Trouble Ticket, at Layered Tech, several days ago.
The LT Support Tech replied he/she thought there was a problem on
Level3 in Dallas. It began working for me shortly after the Trouble
Ticket was filed (I thought they had fixed something.....), but then
died, a day or so later, again. Tru reopened the Trouble Ticket and
the LT Tech replied that they could not duplicate the problem (I
understand how hard it is to troubleshoot intermittent problems), they
had not fixed anything and they felt that it was a problem on Level 3,
in Dallas. Probably this thread should die, until more people cannot
surf the site. That's what I'm getting, although I can ping it and
traceroute to it. As I said, it's an intermittent problem. Lanny