[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Neil Thompson abraxis at telkomsa.net
Mon Mar 23 13:10:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 07:46:49AM -0400, mbneto wrote:

>    So, if this is really the case I'd suggest making some sort of campaign to
>    raise money and provide the necessary resources in order to speed things
>    up.� If RH maintains the 4-6 month schedule it can happen again in less
>    than three months.
>
>    If this is not the case as a suggestion please let the community know
>    what's going on.� Perhaps an automated email sent to the mailing list with
>    today's status (like 400 packages left to rebase, 20 packages being
>    reviewed by QA etc) would give a sense of progress, let the others know if
>    you hit problems and reduce the anxiety with daily doses of news :)

(Obdiscaimer: I am not a CentOS developer)

You know, it really amuses me that there are all these "drive-by" offers of
"help" with every new release of CentOS.  If I were one of the developers,
I'd be getting a little annoyed right now.

If you really want to assist, why don't you invest the time and effort BEFORE
a release is near, helping out with all the standard stuff so that you can
gain the trust of the team, and become a real, long term, contributor.

--
Cheers! (Relax...have a homebrew)

Neil

...aliquando et insanire iucundum est.