[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Noob Centos Admin centos.admin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 04:59:36 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:49 PM, Ray Van Dolson <rayvd at bludgeon.org> wrote:
> There maybe needs to be a community leizon of some sort to help
> leverage these types of offers for help.  Many of us are willing to
> help, but certainly don't have the necessary time cycles to do so as
> effectively as some of the rest of the core team.  If there was a way
> to make jumping in and helping out with a few mundane tasks or throwing
> spare CPU cycles at tasks I think a lot of the "weekend warriors" could
> be more effectively leveraged.

Excellent suggestion! I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to
contribute but quite obvious lack the skills to do anything really
advanced.

There was a somewhat similar in spirit thread on CentOS forum about
PHP5.2 and somebody mentioned things are slow because none of us are
willing to help test. When I saw it, the only thing came to mind was
"How?"

So if it's possible, I'd be more than happy to throw in spare CPU
cycles to help compile some binaries or run automated tests etc!