[CentOS] question about top output

Greenseid, Joseph M (IS) Joseph.Greenseid at ngc.com
Tue Mar 24 14:30:01 UTC 2009

> Can you swap the disk drives with a node that works OK?

i will try that when i get back to the data center and can swap the nodes.

> Have you compared BIOS setups? Something tells me this is like
> interrupts related. Could even be poorly seated hardware: memory, power
> or data cables, video, etc.
>
> IIRC, BIOS settings can also have an effect there.

all the bios were flashed to the same version and configured the same before we started with these systems.

something must be wrong with the node for it to run slow, but i just didn't understand how top was showing such weird output.

thanks for the suggestions.

--Joe