[CentOS] [OT] Network switches

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Tue Mar 24 16:44:25 UTC 2009

dnk wrote:

> I had a reseller in here yesterday, and apparently the linksys (higher
> end) lines are being merged into the cisco lines. So the linksys gear
> will just be branded Cisco. I am not sure if this is all linksys gear,
> or just what they cal the higher end stuff. But I am trying to confirm
> from a cisco rep. Wonder how it will effect the above mentioned tiers
> which in general were true.

It won't, even with the Cisco name they'll be pitched/priced to target
the low budget space. They may be able to better compete with the HP's
and Dell's(forgot they had switches..) of the world though with the
better brand recognition of Cisco vs Linksys. Probably get a 25%
increase in price for the same product with the new branding too.

nate