[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Mar 24 17:13:20 UTC 2009

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Money donated to the project goes to sit in a pot. Resources that we use
> to do things on and with are on machines that we ( developers, centos
> team and contributors ) pay for, manage and run ourselves. CentOS does
> not subsidise or pay for any of it.

Just to clarify - this is about the machines we use, the centos team.

mirror.centos.org runs off donated hardware, sitting in donated space,
using only donated network. This also includes the webserver, the
mailserver and almost everything inside *.centos.org. It costs the
project nothing.

A direct fallout from the efforts by some of us in talking to and
educating hosting companies about CentOS. Which reminds me, if you are a
company with a few mb/sec link to spare and want to offer us something -
dont bother with a financial donation, host a machine for us instead :)
</plug>