[CentOS] help on kerberos5

fabian dacunha

fabian at baladia.gov.kw
Wed Mar 25 10:15:13 UTC 2009

Dear All,

this i feel is a little out of topic but really apprecite if someone can help

i am tryin to authenicate my Centos 5.2 box to windows 2003 ADS server ..
but am not able to do so .
i get the following error when i run kinit

kinit(v5): Improper format of Kerberos configuration file while
initializing Kerberos 5 library

i have the following packages installed on my linux box

[root at testproxy init.d]# rpm -qa | grep krb
krb5-devel-1.6.1-25.el5_2.2
krb5-workstation-1.6.1-25.el5_2.2
krb5-auth-dialog-0.7-1
krb5-libs-1.6.1-25.el5_2.2
pam_krb5-2.2.14-1.el5_2.1

rpm -qa|grep ntp
ntp-4.2.2p1-8.el5.centos.1
chkfontpath-1.10.1-1.1

root at testproxy init.d]# rpm -qa|grep samba
system-config-samba-1.2.39-1.el5
samba-client-3.0.28-1.el5_2.1
samba-common-3.0.28-1.el5_2.1
samba-3.0.28-1.el5_2.1

my domain name is===> baladia.local
Windows 2003 AD server computer name is====> kmun

my /etc/krb5.conf file is

----
[logging]
 default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
 kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log

[libdefaults]
 ticket_lifetime=24000
 default_realm=BALADIA.LOCAL
 dns_lookup_realm = false
 dns_lookup_kdc = false

[realms]
 BALADIA.LOCAL={
  kdc=172.16.2.227:88
#  admin_server=kmun.baladia.local:749
  default_domain=BALADIA.LOCAL
  kdc=BALADIA.LOCAL
 }

[domain_realm]
.baladia.local=BALADIA.LOCAL
baladia.local=BALADIA.LOCAL

kerberos  88/udp   kdc  # Kerberos key server
kerberos  88/tcp   kdc  # Kerberos key server

[kdc]
  profile = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

[appdefaults]
 pam = {
   debug = false
   ticket_lifetime = 36000
   renew_lifetime = 36000
   forwardable = true
   krb4_convert = false
 }

as i said before when i run kinit
kinit(v5): Improper format of Kerberos configuration file while
initializing Kerberos 5 library

i tried googlin n tried varios options in the conf file but no luck
i would really apprecite n be thankful if someone could point out the
syntax error in my krb5.conf file
or if any missing software i need to check n install or anyway i could
track this error

also is there anything to check on my windows 2003 AD Server

Thanks and appreciate

Fabain

believed to be clean.