[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Wed Mar 25 14:18:32 UTC 2009

2009/3/25 Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>:
> Ross Walker wrote:
>> How about forming a formal non-profit organization around CentOS with
>> contributors.
>
> The question is "where". What counts as a non-profit in the US doesn't
> automatically count as one in Europe, for example - that's why there is
> a Fedora EMEA, too. Which really binds ressources - and the Fedora
> community is large. Yes, one could to talk to them to see how they did
> it, I know the people on their board.
>
>> If a movement like CentOS is going to survive it's going to have to
>> grow and the only way it can grow is by solicitating donations then
>> depending on the offered ones it recieves now.
>
> Do I smell a special interest group
> <http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup> here?

Or another mailing list or IRC channel? If Ross is correct, and I hope
he is correct,  that Google, Amazon, large ISPs, etc.,  would donate
$, wow. If they are using CentOS and they only contributed USD$1 for
each server, imagine how much $ that would be for the CentOS project.
 :-)   Obviously, more than one dollar per server is the goal.